Sunday, August 24, 2014

About Paula

1.about me, major interests, why attend USA, personal info, why entered education, and what educators work entails in 21 century
2. Paula Elizabeth Holt, entered this world on November 3, 1993. I am 20 years old and majoring in Elementary Education. I graduated from Satsuma High School. I played softball for over half my life. I enjoyed every minute on the ball field. I am looking for a co-ed team to play on, so if anyone knows a team please let me know. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2010. Crohn's is an inflammatory bowel disease that usually affects the small intestine. I have had a foot of my intestine removed and I keep getting stronger everyday. I have recently discovered my passion for baking. I love to decorate cakes. I choose to attend USA because it is close to home and with me being sick a lot I couldn't get to far from my family. While growing up all I have heard is South Alabama to receive a four year degree. I am thankful for my parents to help me financially through college. Education got my attention so I am able to give back to my community and teach our future leaders of America. I enjoy interacting with kids and I think I am a great role model.
I currently live in Loxley, Alabama with my boyfriend, Evan. I work part time at Hibbett Sports in Spanish Fort. I am taking 4 classes this semester at USA. I believe I have my Crohn's under control with minor flairs. I am very excited to explore the world of teaching and use my creativity to impress my future students.

a round beach cake sitting next to a round rose cake on a table
A selfie or headshot of Paula Holt
collage of oreo cupcakes and icecream cones filled with batter
MLB Atlanta Braves, Turner Field in Atlanta, Georgia

2 comments:

  1. I love all of the photos! This blog includes a lot of personal information but it flows very well. I detect no rabbit chasing. Baking is so much fun and you appear to be very good at it! I am a childhood cancer survivor so I know it can be very difficult to manage sickness and school at the same time. I admire your motivation! This blog looks nice and I think you will do well in the class. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. You have put a smile on my face for today :)

    ReplyDelete