Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blog Post #5 PLN

My PLN progress is slow, but I am learning quick and finding new resources. I joined the FEA Future Educators in Action group here at the University of South Alabama. I hope to gain life long friends and different opinions on styles and teaching techniques. I am on twitter if you would like to follow me. I have followed a few of my professors and slowly building up my resources on twitter. I also like to watch and analyze my teachers just to see how they do things and if I would like to apply that to my classroom. Youtube provides great examples if you ever have a question and need an explanation. In my opinion the best resources out there are your fellow teachers. You are both in the education field two minds are better than one. I have also ordered some books off the internet to help further my knowledge on teaching. Interacting and talking to current teachers is also great way to help build your curriculum and get ideas.
http://www.onlinedegrees.org/building-your-personal-learning-network/

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paula.
    I like your honesty throughout the post. It's very important to realize even our teachers don't have all the answers. There are tons and tons of resources out there waiting to be discovered, you just have to explore. I agree with you 100% about our teachers being our great resource. More than likely, they have made mistakes we haven't and if we listen, it could prevent us from making the same ones. Thank you already for your dedication and passion for teaching, As educators, we all know it's key. Keep up the great work. Nice picture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Try to elaborate a little more on the questions that are in the instructions for the blog post.

    ReplyDelete